Archive for December 13th, 2010
I recently found a useful app called, Cortex, which allows you to share links, articles, videos, images, music to your friends and family across the web. Cortex is very easy to use and is a fast way to share any content you find on the Web with your followers in Twitter and friends in Facebook. In order to use Cortex, you need to install the free Cortex extension on Google Chrome. Then, find information you want to share on the Web, click and hold for selection options to share. Cortex chooses header text and shortens URLs. It allows you to share just an image or specific selected text. In addition, Cortex lets you track your history of shares.
I have enjoyed using Cortex so far. The Cortex interface is unique and is fast and simple. I wish it will work with my favorite browser, Firefox. Right now, you can share to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Instapaper. According to Cortex, more options will be available soon.
— Steve Yuen (@scyuen) December 13, 2010
About…I am Dr. Steve Yuen, a professor of Instructional Technology at The University of Southern Mississippi. This is my personal blog on the use of emerging technologies in teaching and learning.
Hope you find this blog interesting, stimulating, and educational. Please feel free to social bookmark this page.
Share This Blog
- 21st Century Education
- Augmented Reality
- Collaboration Tools
- E-Learning 2.0
- Educational Research
- Educational Technology
- Future Technology
- How To
- Mobile Learning
- Mobile Technology
- Mobile Web
- Mobile Web Design
- Online Testing
- Open Social
- Open Source
- School 2.0
- Search Tools
- Second Life
- Social Media
- Social Networking
- Software Tools
- Technology Integration
- Virtual World
- Web 2.0
- Web 3.0
- Web Accessibility
- Web Conferencing
- Web Design
- Web-Based Instruction
Tag Cloud2010 Android apps AR augmented bookmarks books classroom collaboration college community conference conferencing converter course design digital natives Diigo E-Learning e-learning 2.0 editing editor education free future Google graphics guide infographics internet ipad iphone ipod itouch learning links media mobile mobile devices Multimedia networking networks online open Open Source PDF Podcasting publish Publishing reality report research schools search share sharing SNS social Social Networking software statistics storage students teachers teaching technology tool tools trends Twitter video web Web 2.0 web2.0 youtube
- 159,579 hits
- 40 Amazing iPad Apps for the Learning Disabled
- Software Piracy in Schools
- Have You Been Paying Attention?
- PDF Hammer
- Teachers’ Use and Perceptions of Web 2.0 Technologies in Teaching and Learning
- Why Banning Mobile Devices in Schools?
- Best Education iPhone and iPad App Lists
- Multi-touch Technology
- Top 10 Social Networking Sites in the US and UK
- Web 3.0
Web Designing Chenna… on 15 Must Have Web Tools for… Brad Wallace on Teachers’ Use and Perceptions… Steve Yuen on Handbook of Research on Practi… mbelchior on Handbook of Research on Practi… Ryan on 3D Augmented Reality Book…
Dr. Steve Yuen
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Why eLearning Is The Most Effective Method Of Training Employees Infographic - e-Learning Infographics | @scoopit sco.lt/5e1GFN - 19 hours ago
- The Steve Yuen Daily is out! paper.li/scyuen - 1 day ago
- The Steve Yuen Daily is out! paper.li/scyuen Stories via @ywsanchez - 2 days ago
- The Steve Yuen Daily is out! paper.li/scyuen - 3 days ago
- The Steve Yuen Daily is out! paper.li/scyuen - 4 days ago
- 6 Tips to Estimate Your eLearning Course Development Time - eLearning Industry November 22, 2014
- Mobilize for Productivity [Infographic] — Learning in Hand November 13, 2014
- The 5 Main Fluencies of The 21st Century Learning ~ Educational Technology and Mobile Learning October 30, 2014
- Flow Chart Maker & Online Diagram Software October 30, 2014
- 50 Ways to Use Twitter in the Classroom | TeachHUB October 30, 2014
Books Recently Published
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- Share Alike 3.0 United States License.