Posts Tagged ‘annotation’
Diigo is a social bookmarking tool that allows teachers and students to save websites into a public or private library, share them with others in your network, highlight any part of a webpage and attach sticky notes to specific highlights or to a whole page. The annotations can be kept private, shared with a group within Diigo or a special link forwarded to others.
Diigo provides rich tagging capability as well as folders for better information organization, and group annotation for better collaboration. Diigo allows students to search the full-text of a teacher’s collections, or just within a teacher’s highlights. Also, Diigo allows teachers to highlight critical features within text and images and write comments directly on the web pages, to collect and organize series of web pages and web sites into coherent and thematic sets, and to facilitate online conversations within the context of the materials themselves. Furthermore, teachers can create a free teacher account through which they can create student accounts. Diigo’s student accounts require no email address, can be kept private, and can also be grouped so that students can share resources they find with each other. Diigo is more than just a social bookmarking tool. It is a powerful research tool and a knowledge sharing community for teachers and students.
The following presentation was recently delivered at the 2011 Mississippi Educational Computing Association (MECA) Conference in Jackson, Mississippi on February 8, 2011. Please feel free to provide comments and suggestions. Thanks.
About…I am Dr. Steve Yuen, a professor of Instructional Technology at The University of Southern Mississippi. This is my personal blog on the use of emerging technologies in teaching and learning.
Hope you find this blog interesting, stimulating, and educational. Please feel free to social bookmark this page.
Share This Blog
- 21st Century Education
- Augmented Reality
- Collaboration Tools
- E-Learning 2.0
- Educational Research
- Educational Technology
- Future Technology
- How To
- Mobile Learning
- Mobile Technology
- Mobile Web
- Mobile Web Design
- Online Testing
- Open Social
- Open Source
- School 2.0
- Search Tools
- Second Life
- Social Media
- Social Networking
- Software Tools
- Technology Integration
- Virtual World
- Web 2.0
- Web 3.0
- Web Accessibility
- Web Conferencing
- Web Design
- Web-Based Instruction
Tag Cloudapps AR augmented bookmarks books classroom collaboration Diigo E-Learning education free future Google guide ipad iphone learning links media mobile Multimedia online open Open Source Publishing reality research schools search sharing SNS social Social Networking software storage students teachers teaching technology tool tools video web Web 2.0 web2.0
- 148,618 hits
- Ptable.com : The Dynamic Periodic Table
- Beginner’s Guide to Augmented Reality
- Why Banning Mobile Devices in Schools?
- Create a timeline with circaVie
- Mobile Visual Search
- The Top 50 Proprietary Programs vs Their Open Source Alternatives
- Free Book - Microsoft Word 2007 Tips and Tricks
- E-Learning 2.0
- Scribd and iPaper
- A Cool Photo Widget for Flickr and Picasa
Web Designing Chenna… on 15 Must Have Web Tools for… Brad Wallace on Teachers’ Use and Perceptions… Steve Yuen on Handbook of Research on Practi… mbelchior on Handbook of Research on Practi… Ryan on 3D Augmented Reality Book…
May 2013 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Dr. Steve Yuen
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- The Steve Yuen Daily is out! paper.li/scyuen - 4 hours ago
- The Steve Yuen Daily is out! paper.li/scyuen ▸ Top stories today via @SNewco @Dr_Samuel_Conn - 1 day ago
- The Steve Yuen Daily is out! paper.li/scyuen ▸ Top stories today via @GabrieleNeher @Energy4Educatio @elearnindustry - 2 days ago
- The Steve Yuen Daily is out! paper.li/scyuen ▸ Top stories today via @educationstate - 3 days ago
- Questechie - Trends In Internet Technology: Google's WebP: Future Image Format? | @scoopit sco.lt/4qVj8L - 3 days ago
- Screencasting - Kathy Schrock's Guide to Everything May 20, 2013
- Are You Ready to Flip? - THE DAILY RIFF - Be Smarter. About Education. May 20, 2013
- Google's WebP: Future Image Format? May 19, 2013
- Challenge Your Online Learning Expectations - OnlineCollegeCourses.com May 16, 2013
- 5 principles for a successful formal online social learning experience – and it’s not about the tools « Learning in the Social Workplace May 12, 2013
Books Recently Published
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- Share Alike 3.0 United States License.