Posts Tagged ‘apps’
The Google Apps Marketplace offers products and services designed for Google users, including installable apps that integrate directly with Google Apps. Installable apps are easy to use because they include single sign-on, Google’s universal navigation, and some even include features that integrate with your domain’s data.
Google recently launched an education category in the Google Apps Marketplace designed to help schools and universities discover and deploy new web applications that integrate with their existing Google Apps accounts.
According to Google, the new education category includes over 20 applications ranging from learning management systems (LMS) to student tools and teaching aids – all of which integrate with Google Apps for Education. Each app can be accessed through single sign-on and the Google universal navigation bar and many offer deeper integrations that synchronize with Google Calendar and Documents.
This is welcome addition for those who work in education. The new education category will make it easier for schools to access web apps at their fingertips.
- Haiku: an LMS that allows teachers to create media-rich class websites, give and auto-grade assessments, annotate assignments and interact online with students.
- LearnBoost: an all-in-one gradebook and lesson plan software for teachers that includes tools to visualize data and student performance.
- And other classroom management tools such as eduARC, Class.io, PlanbookEdu, ThinkWave SIS and Applane SIS, gradebooks such as Engrade and ThinkWave Gradebook, and assessment tools such as EduBrite and RCampus iRubric.
- BrainPOP: an app that offers animated, curriculum-based content that enhances student learning in numerous ways, from illustrating complex concepts to reviewing before a test.
- DreamBox: a tool that helps students learn math through interactive lessons and gives teachers reporting dashboards to monitor individual student progress.
- And other teaching aids like Grockit, BuzzMath and LearnThatWord.
Student and Admin Tools
- EasyBib: an automatic bibliography composer that helps students format sources quickly and accurately to cite in papers.
- Digication: an online e-Portfolio creation tool that helps students share and showcase their work and achievements online.
- And other student and admin tools like Aviary, Edutone Sakai Connector, Edutone Moodle Connector, Leveled Library and Rcampus e-Portfolio.