Online surveys and polls are often used by teachers, school administrators, and researchers to conduct schools surveys, school elections, educational research, and polls for students, parents and teachers. Also, they are frequently used by teachers, technology coordinators, or Webmasters to elicit feedback from visitors about their Websites. Online polls and surveys can make your Website or blog more interactive and invite readers to join the conversation easily.
You can find many online services to conduct online surveys and polls. One of my favorites is PollDaddy because it is free and very easy to use. With your free PollDaddy account, you can create surveys and polls for your website, blog, and social network profiles. One of the best features of PollDaddy is the ability you have to customize your online surveys or polls. You can choose from a number of designs to fit in the color scheme or theme of your Website or blog. PollDaddy also offers an option for you to customize your survey or poll using CSS. Furthermore, you can enter your own question and answers for polls or surveys with full foreign language support. You can also decide if and how you want your readers to be able to view the results.
To create your online survey or poll with PollDaddy, you simply register for your free account and then click a button to create a new survey or poll. You will then enter your question and answers, choose your design and layout and you are done. PollDaddy will automatically provide the necessary code for you to copy and paste into your Web site or your blog.
Some of the key features of PollDaddy Surveys found on the PollDaddy site are:
- Online reporting in real time of your data as it is collected.
- Set paths for your respondents using Conditional Branching.
- Insert HTML directly allowing you to add pictures and video.
- 11 question types to choose from with multiple options for each.
- Export your data as XML, CSV and subscribe to your results via RSS.
- Close surveys after a certain date or quota has been reached, and create custom start and finish pages for your survey.
- Create multi question, multi page surveys with ease using an advanced survey editor.
For PollDaddy Polls, here are some of the features:
- Unlimited free polls with unlimited votes per poll.
- View poll results online, as XML, CSV, or subscribe to them via RSS!
- Add text, pictures and video to your polls.
- Block repeat voters by IP address or cookies.
- Create single choice or multiple-choice polls.
- Close polls after a certain date, randomize answers, allow text entry ‘other’ field, show or hide results from voters.
I think PollDaddy is a great online survey or poll tool. Teachers and school administrators can use PollDaddy to run secure online surveys and polls for the students, parents and teachers, conduct online student elections, invite students to vote on social issues as part of citizenship education, run classroom opinion polls, produce a ranking of student issues, conduct opinion or attitude surveys, and conduct educational or social research projects.
To test out the PollDaddy, I have created an online poll for my previous post. Please feel free to view my online poll with PollDaddy shown below and let me know what you think. In addition, please participate in the poll by selecting your favorite photo-sharing site.