I recently found an interesting and useful Web-based printing application called PrintWhatYouLike. Instead of printing out an entire Web page, PrintWhatYouLike lets you remove elements from the page that you don’t want to print, set the page to a particular width, or print specific areas of a site. Using PrintWhatYouLike, you don’t have problems of printing web pages with full of ads, empty space and other junk you don’t want. PrintWhatYouLike is a free online editor that lets you format a Web page for printing. I have used PrintWhatYouLike for several days and found it is a very useful tool. Furthermore, it saves your money by reducing your paper and ink usage.
To print what you like on a Web page, you follow these steps:
- Go to PrintWhatYouLike.com and click Start.
- Make the page more readable by changing the font size and type and removing the background.
- Remove ads and other junk you don’t want.
- Save ink by removing all the images on the page.
- Save paper by making narrow columns of text fill up the entire page.
- Combine multiple web pages – edit & print them as one document.
- Save your modified page as a PDF or HTML document.