To challenge and support each child at his or her own level, the Forest Lake teachers and staff are deploying a powerful array of widely available digital-technology tools. Each classroom is equipped with an interactive whiteboard and a Tech Zone of eight Internet-enabled computers. Plus, teachers have access to gadgets including digital cameras, Flip cameras, remote-response clickers, and PDAs.
Here are Forest Lake teachers’ top tips on how to do it.
1. Deliver Instruction through Multiple Forms of Media
2. Gather and Use Immediate Feedback on Students’ Understanding
3. Give Students Options
4. Automate Basic-skills Practice
5. Practice Independent Work Skills
6. Pretest Students’ Knowledge Before Each Unit
7. Create a Weekly “Must Do” and “May Do” List
8. Share the Work of Creating Differentiated Lessons