Archive for February 10th, 2011
Diigo is a social bookmarking tool that allows teachers and students to save websites into a public or private library, share them with others in your network, highlight any part of a webpage and attach sticky notes to specific highlights or to a whole page. The annotations can be kept private, shared with a group within Diigo or a special link forwarded to others.
Diigo provides rich tagging capability as well as folders for better information organization, and group annotation for better collaboration. Diigo allows students to search the full-text of a teacher’s collections, or just within a teacher’s highlights. Also, Diigo allows teachers to highlight critical features within text and images and write comments directly on the web pages, to collect and organize series of web pages and web sites into coherent and thematic sets, and to facilitate online conversations within the context of the materials themselves. Furthermore, teachers can create a free teacher account through which they can create student accounts. Diigo’s student accounts require no email address, can be kept private, and can also be grouped so that students can share resources they find with each other. Diigo is more than just a social bookmarking tool. It is a powerful research tool and a knowledge sharing community for teachers and students.
The following presentation was recently delivered at the 2011 Mississippi Educational Computing Association (MECA) Conference in Jackson, Mississippi on February 8, 2011. Please feel free to provide comments and suggestions. Thanks.
About…I am Dr. Steve Yuen, a professor of Instructional Technology at The University of Southern Mississippi. This is my personal blog on the use of emerging technologies in teaching and learning.
Hope you find this blog interesting, stimulating, and educational. Please feel free to social bookmark this page.
Share This Blog
- 21st Century Education
- Augmented Reality
- Collaboration Tools
- E-Learning 2.0
- Educational Research
- Educational Technology
- Future Technology
- How To
- Mobile Learning
- Mobile Technology
- Mobile Web
- Mobile Web Design
- Online Testing
- Open Social
- Open Source
- School 2.0
- Search Tools
- Second Life
- Social Media
- Social Networking
- Software Tools
- Technology Integration
- Virtual World
- Web 2.0
- Web 3.0
- Web Accessibility
- Web Conferencing
- Web Design
- Web-Based Instruction
Tag Cloud2010 Android apps AR augmented bookmarks books classroom collaboration college community conference conferencing converter course design digital natives Diigo E-Learning e-learning 2.0 editing editor education free future Google graphics guide infographics internet ipad iphone ipod itouch learning links media mobile mobile devices Multimedia networking networks online open Open Source PDF Podcasting publish Publishing reality report research schools search share sharing SNS social Social Networking software statistics storage students teachers teaching technology tool tools trends Twitter video web Web 2.0 web2.0 youtube
- 160,784 hits
- Why Banning Mobile Devices in Schools?
- Teachers’ Use and Perceptions of Web 2.0 Technologies in Teaching and Learning
- A Day Made of Glass
- 2 Free Digital Books: iPads for Learning
- The Top 50 Proprietary Programs vs Their Open Source Alternatives
- Software Piracy in Schools
- Create Free Online Quizzes with ClassMarker
Web Designing Chenna… on 15 Must Have Web Tools for… Brad Wallace on Teachers’ Use and Perceptions… Steve Yuen on Handbook of Research on Practi… mbelchior on Handbook of Research on Practi… Ryan on 3D Augmented Reality Book…
Dr. Steve Yuen
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Thoughts on Open | @scoopit sco.lt/4nbL05 - 1 hour ago
- The Steve Yuen Daily is out! paper.li/scyuen Stories via @ubergizmo @ISTE_MLN - 8 hours ago
- The Steve Yuen Daily is out! paper.li/scyuen Stories via @onlinetools @etalbert @SallyLoan - 1 day ago
- The Fourth Digital Revolution | @scoopit sco.lt/73acjJ - 2 days ago
- The Steve Yuen Daily is out! paper.li/scyuen Stories via @Dr_Samuel_Conn - 2 days ago
- WizIQ Recordor: Create, Share Powerful Video Lectures for Flipped Classroom February 3, 2015
- Kleinspiration: The Best E-Book Yet: 40Must-know Web 2.0 Edutools January 28, 2015
- Disruptive Technology: mLearning In 2015 - eLearning Industry January 24, 2015
- 7 Free Audio Editors for E-Learning Courses January 20, 2015
- 16 OER Sites Every Educator Should Know -- Campus Technology January 17, 2015
Books Recently Published
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- Share Alike 3.0 United States License.