· Facebook has more than 500 million “active” users worldwide.
· People spend over 700 billion minutes per month on Facebook.
· The average Facebook user is connected to 80 community pages, groups and events.
· More than 30 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photo albums, etc.) shared each month on Facebook. Your content should be among these!
· Every month, more than 250 million people engage with Facebook on external websites. I “Like” this!
· There are more than 200 million active users currently accessing Facebook through their mobile devices. Can your website be viewed on a mobile device? Have you tried viewing it on your own smart phone?
· Being mobile-compatible is important because people that use Facebook on their mobile devices are twice as active on Facebook than non-mobile users!
· And here’s an interesting fact… About 70% of Facebook users are outside the United States. Is your business global?
· eMarketer estimates 20.6 million US adults will access a Twitter account at least monthly this year.
· There are 200 million Twitter users around the world.
· Twitter now comes in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Spanish.
· 95M tweets are written per day (Sept. 2010)
· LinkedIn has crossed the 100 million user milestone.
· LinkedIn said that it is adding 1 million new members every week, which equates to one new member every second. This is astounding to me!
· LinkedIn now has presence in 200 countries and territories around the world, with 56 million of the 100 million users being from outside the US. Another reason to make sure your business is part of the global market!
· On LinkedIn, there are 997,000 teachers, 1,030 chocolatiers, 74 Elvis tribute artists and 1 Martini Whisperer.
· Over 18 million articles have been written collaboratively by volunteers.
· Wikipedia ranks seventh among all websites on Alexa and having 365 million readers.
· For the first time in January 2011, Wikipedia cracked the top ten list of the most popular websites in the United States, according to comScore Networks Inc. With 42.9 million unique visitors and rank #9, Wikipedia surpassed New York Times (#10) and Apple Inc. (#11).
· 35 hours of video are uploaded every minute.
· 70% of YouTube traffic comes from outside the US.
· YouTube is localized in 25 countries across 43 languages.
· YouTube’s demographic is broad: 18-54 years old.
· YouTube reached over 700 billion playbacks in 2010.
· Over 4 million people are connected and auto-sharing to at least one social network.