The New Media Consortium (NMC) and EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative (ELI) recently released the NMC Horizon Report: 2012 Higher Education Edition. Like previous NMC Horizon Reports, six emerging technologies are identified across three adoption horizons over the next one to five years, as well as key trends and challenges expected to continue over the same period, giving campus leaders and practitioners a valuable guide for strategic technology planning.
The areas of emerging technology and the time to adoption reported in 2012 NMC Horizon Report are:
- Mobile Apps (One Year or Less)
- Tablet Computing (One Year or Less)
- Game-based Learning (Two to Three Years)
- Learning Analytics (Two to Three Years)
- Gesture-based Computing (Four to Five Years)
- Internet of Things (Four to Five Years)
For a complete 2012 NMC Horizon Report, please download your free copy at http://net.educause.edu/ir/library/pdf/HR2012.pdf
Also, you can view the YouTube video summarizing the 2012 NMC Horizon Report here.