I gave a presentation “Creating an Online Course Based on E-Learning 2.0 Concepts” at the 2011 TxDLA 14th Annual Confernce in San Antonio, Texas last week. I want to take the opportunity to share my presentation here with my blog subscribers. This presentation provided an overview of e-learning 2.0 concepts and described the process of designing, developing, and teaching an online course based on e-learning 2.0 concepts. Also, lessons learned and students’ feedback regarding their opinions and experiences on taking my online courses based on e-learning 2.0 concepts were discussed in the presentation. Below is an online version of my presentation at the 2011 TxDLA Conference. Please feel free to provide suggestions and comments. Thanks.
Posts Tagged ‘community’
I gave a presentation “Social Networks in Education” at the E-Learn 2008 Conference in Las Vegas last week. I want to take the opportunity here to share the presentation in my blog. My presentation provides a brief overview of social networking in education. Also, it presents a case study that integrates social networking into a graduate course for the purpose of building a sense of community, improving communications and interactions, and promoting student-centered collaboration. Below is my presentation at the E-Learn 2008 Conference.
Shelfari is a book centered social network where members can catalog, tag, review, and discuss books. With Shelfari, you can create virtual bookshelves of books you have read, plan to read and currently own. Your bookshelf is literally a shelf that allows visitors to browse through your book collection. You can search for books by title, author, ISBN and subject, or import a text file from services like Delicious Library or LibraryThing. You can sign up for free and register an unlimited number of books.
Shelfari has a simple interface with some great features and the best of social networking, Also, Shelfari comes with a Shelfari widget with a sleek look and simple interface. The Shelfari widget works on most blogs and social networks, including Blogger, Typepad, Xanga, and Vox. I like Shelfari and think it is a great tool for teachers and librarians. They can use Shelfari to share books with their students and colleagues as well as post the new book collection in their library.
About…I am Dr. Steve Yuen, a professor of Instructional Technology at The University of Southern Mississippi. This is my personal blog on the use of emerging technologies in teaching and learning.
Hope you find this blog interesting, stimulating, and educational. Please feel free to social bookmark this page.
Share This Blog
- 21st Century Education
- Augmented Reality
- Collaboration Tools
- E-Learning 2.0
- Educational Research
- Educational Technology
- Future Technology
- How To
- Mobile Learning
- Mobile Technology
- Mobile Web
- Mobile Web Design
- Online Testing
- Open Social
- Open Source
- School 2.0
- Search Tools
- Second Life
- Social Media
- Social Networking
- Software Tools
- Technology Integration
- Virtual World
- Web 2.0
- Web 3.0
- Web Accessibility
- Web Conferencing
- Web Design
- Web-Based Instruction
Tag Cloud2010 Android apps AR augmented bookmarks books classroom collaboration college community conference conferencing converter course design digital natives Diigo E-Learning e-learning 2.0 editing editor education free future Google graphics guide infographics internet ipad iphone ipod itouch learning links media mobile mobile devices Multimedia networking networks online open Open Source PDF Podcasting publish Publishing reality report research schools search share sharing SNS social Social Networking software statistics storage students teachers teaching technology tool tools trends Twitter video web Web 2.0 web2.0 youtube
- 160,809 hits
- Why Banning Mobile Devices in Schools?
- Great Web 2.0 Applications for Business Education Teachers
- PDF Hammer
- Ptable.com : The Dynamic Periodic Table
- URL Shortening
- The Top 50 Proprietary Programs vs Their Open Source Alternatives
- Cell Phone Learning Support System (CPLSS)
- iPod in Education
- E-Learning Handbook and Top 100 Tools for Learning
- Create Free Online Quizzes with ClassMarker
Web Designing Chenna… on 15 Must Have Web Tools for… Brad Wallace on Teachers’ Use and Perceptions… Steve Yuen on Handbook of Research on Practi… mbelchior on Handbook of Research on Practi… Ryan on 3D Augmented Reality Book…
March 2015 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Dr. Steve Yuen
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- The Steve Yuen Daily is out! paper.li/scyuen Stories via @ISTE_MLN - 3 hours ago
- Helping Learners Get The Most Out Of Online Discussions - eLearning Industry | @scoopit sco.lt/5nxpYX - 1 day ago
- The Steve Yuen Daily is out! paper.li/scyuen - 1 day ago
- The Steve Yuen Daily is out! paper.li/scyuen - 2 days ago
- Thoughts on Open | @scoopit sco.lt/4nbL05 - 2 days ago
- Helping Learners Get The Most Out Of Online Discussions - eLearning Industry March 2, 2015
- WizIQ Recordor: Create, Share Powerful Video Lectures for Flipped Classroom February 3, 2015
- Kleinspiration: The Best E-Book Yet: 40Must-know Web 2.0 Edutools January 28, 2015
- Disruptive Technology: mLearning In 2015 - eLearning Industry January 24, 2015
- 7 Free Audio Editors for E-Learning Courses January 20, 2015
Books Recently Published
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- Share Alike 3.0 United States License.